What you can expect at NT&AS
What is the National Teaching and Advisory Service?
What do we do?
• Help your child to develop the skills needed to progress in education and life
• Help schools and colleges have a better understanding of how they can meet your child’s needs
• Teach your child basic skills and core subjects
• Help your child to learn what they need to know for GCSE or other exams
• Help your child to be confident that they can behave in a positive way
• Help your child go to school or college.
NT&AS teachers will
• Arrive on time
• Plan engaging lessons
• Are respectful and flexible
• Give feedback to young people and parents/carers
• Set and mark homework
• Not engage in any physical contact (including restraint).
Sessions will take place on agreed times/days during local authority term times – NT&AS will inform you of these.